15 areas of health and wellness.... #2
Continuing with the series of 15 areas of wellness that is assessed in the WICO questionnaire, today's area of health to consider is one that approximately 1/3 of US adults take into consideration daily because they have symptoms or take medication to help them with this (but really, 100% should...)
DIGESTION and it's evil cousin, ABSORPTION.
I would go out on a limb here and say that YOUR DIGESTION PROBABLY SUCKS. (Sorry. Keeping it real, people....)
Seriously, this is so critical to health but SO many of you are doing it wrong!! If it is common for you to have days that remind you of the ol' Pepto-Bismol jingle, digestion is a weak link in your chain of health, my friend.
Take my unofficial quiz for digestion:
1. Do you get heart burn or take anything for heart burn? (It's the 3rd most-common class of medications.)
2. Do you burp, or feel gassy or bloated after eating?
3. If you burp, do you re-taste your meal? (sometimes still counts...)
4. Do you still have your gallbladder?
5. Have you taken antibiotics?
6. Did you take probiotics afterward?
7. Do you chew your food about 20 times per bite? (really, take a count next time! Your bite should be like liquid when you swallow.)
8. Do you DRINK a lot of fluids DURING your meal?
9. Do you have a bowel movement EVERY day?
10. Do you lose at least 12" of stool per day? (Yes, 1 foot!)
11. Do you take anything to help you go to the bathroom?
If you answered "Yes" to #1, 2, 3, 5, 8, or 11... or "No" to #4, 6, 7, 9 or 10, your digestion is probably poor.
Any 1 of those on that short list (depending on how you answered) is a sign of bad digestion.
If you can't DIGEST your food, you make it so much harder on your body to ABSORB nutrients from your food. You could be eating "right" and still have poor nutrition because your digestion just isn't working.
To see how you would score in 15 areas of health, check out the WICO score. I also offer free 10 minute phone consultations if you would like to talk.
CONTACT US TODAY
8450 Hickman Road,
Clive, Iowa 50325
515-897-7900 MAIN PHONE
Monday to Thursday
SERVICES WE OFFER
Science Based Nutrition
Comprehensive Lab Analysis
Food Sensitivity Testing
DUTCH hormone testing
LLLT (Low level light therapy)
WE CAN HELP
PAYMENTS WE ACCEPT
Major Credit Cards, HSA and FSA.
Financing programs through Enhance Patient Finance are available, OAC.
Copyright Iowa Functional Health, LLC. All Rights Reserved
Iowa Functional Health is an alternative health provider in Des Moines, Iowa.
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease.